Configuration Variables with dot(.) in key in web.config

I have a web.config file in my application and variables defined in the octopus portal.

Config variables don’t work when the key has dot(.) in their name.
For e.g.,

<configuration>
  <appSettings>
    <add key="Key1.Key2" value="Somre random text representing it" />
    <add key="WithoutDot" value="No Dot in config" />
  </appSettings>
</configuration>

I created Key1.Key2 in the octopus portal and when deployed to IIS, it is not replaced in the transformed web.config.

If I create a variable WithoutDot and assign it a value, it works. But the variables are not replaced if there is a dot(.) in the key.

Hi Sree,

Thanks for getting in touch,

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, I understand this can be frustrating.

I’ve attempted to replicate this behavior using Octopus version 2018.2.5 without success, unfortunately.

Can I ask you to provide some additional information based on the below queries to isolate the cause of this?

1. Can you include a variable enabled verbose deployment log for investigation? I’ve included a link to our documentation below for steps to provision this.
  1. Can you please advise which version of Octopus you are currently utilizing?

I look forward to hearing back from you regarding this :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

I checked it again and sorry for the confusion. I realized that the transformation works as expected.

Hi Sree,

Thanks for getting back to me regarding this,

Not a problem! I’m glad to hear that everything is operating correctly.

If you require any assistance in the future, please don’t hesitate to reach out :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Reece