Config transformation is not executed

Hi,

I have enabled config transformations for the nuget package step template with the following additional config rule:

Publish\Mediachase.Search.Octopus.config => Configs\Mediachase.Search.config
Publish\Web.Octopus.config => Web.config

For some reason the first one is not executed, the Web.Octopus.config does work. Is the syntax incorrect or is this not supported?

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for getting in touch! You cannot do a transform across directories, and you cannot define the directory. Octopus will iterate through directories but needs the transform and its target to be in the same directory.

Hope that helps!
Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

Now I’m confused because the the following rule did work:

Hi Vanessa,

Let me clearify my confusion: If I understand correctly it not supported to have the source (transform) and the target (config) in a different directory. But how is it possible that the Web.config transform did apply correctly with the following rule:

And why doesn’t it work for this rule:
Publish\Mediachase.Search.Octopus.config => Configs\Mediachase.Search.config

Hi Jeroen,

Can you send through your deployment logs for the one that is working. http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Get+the+raw+output+from+a+task

Vanessa

Hi Vanessa,

I’ve started a private discussion with the name “Config transformation is not executed @Vanessa Love” since the deployment log can contain private information, please continue the thread there.