Config transform for tenant and environment

We are deploying an application using tenants to different environments. In the application some configuration settings are applied using configuration transforms.
I read here https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/2754 that the order in which configuration transformations are applied are

1. Web.release.config
  2. *..config
  3. *..config

But how is the common case that tenant specific variables per environment can differ? E.g. Smtp or UrlRewrite configurations?

Hi Marcel,

Thanks for getting in touch,

I greatly appreciate your patience, I’m sorry we weren’t able to get to this before the Public Holiday.

Out of the box we handle appSettings, applicationSettings or connectionStrings, in order to replace variables outside of these settings I’ve included a link below to our documentation; (The link contains a redirect to the relevant area of the doc)

In regards to Tenant specific variables, I’ve included a link to our documentation working with Tenant specific variables below;

For working with Tenant specific common variables per environment, unfortunately, this is not currently possible, though we certainly agree it should be.

We have an existing Github issue located below which we are working on;

Apologies for any inconvenience caused in the interim.

If I’ve misunderstood your query in any way or if you require any further assistance or clarification, please let me know :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Reece

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.