Config as Code - PackageID project variable not not substituted in Deploy A Package step

In a project with Config as Code enabled. We have a project level variable for the package id that is bound in the Deploy A Package step. When attempting to create a release it doesn’t return any packages. Looking at dev tools network tab you can see the URL variable is not replaced with the value.

1 Like

Hi @Walter,

Thanks for reaching out to Octopus Support, and welcome to the Octopus community!

I’m sorry you are running into this problem with your version-controlled project. We have an open GitHub issue (Version controlled variable bound to package id doesn't populate on release creation page · Issue #7822 · OctopusDeploy/Issues · GitHub) for this bug which you can watch to track any progress made. I have also commented on the ticket letting our engineers know that we have another client report.

As a workaround for now, you should be able to manually enter your desired package number to create a deploy your release. Please let me know if you hit any other issues or have any additional questions for us.

Thanks!
Dan

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.