Community license validation broken

Hello support,

It seems that with the last Octopus Deploy version (2018.6.2) the community license validation is broken.
I have at this moment 8 deployment targets configured of which I only have 5 active as allowed by the license. For some reason Octopus Deploy counts all 8 as active targets and therefor cannot perform any deployments anymore.
This used to work like this.
It is just a matter of removing the unused deployment targets and we are good to go. But something has changed as this was never an issue before.

Regards,

Arjen

HI Arjen,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m terribly sorry this has happened to you, it’s always a risk we’ll miss a case when changing our licensing code. Rest assured we’ll get this sorted as soon as possible for you.

Can you please send some things to me so I can figure out exactly what has gone wrong? Send them to support@octopus.com and mention my name, Michael Noonan.

1. A copy of the license key in Configuration > License (if indeed you have one)
  2. An exact copy of the error message you are seeing.
  3. A screenshot of all your deployment targets.

In the meantime I’ll investigate further and see if I can find what has gone wrong.

Hope that helps!
Mike

Hi Arjen,

We found it, and will be shipping a fix in Octopus 2018.6.3: https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/4648

Hope that helps!
Mike

Michael,

Thank you very much for the quick reply and super fast fix!

Regards,

Arjen