Clone project failes in v2018.8.5 and v2018.8.8

I am currently unable to clone any projects. Here is the error from the log:

2018-10-10 09:55:24.3052 3428 16 ERROR Unhandled error on request: https://octopus../api/projects?clone=Projects-62 24d75123ac3c42a9bd550c411b9059fe by laynec@. : Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2.FindEntry(TKey key) at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary2.get_Item(TKey key)
at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Rules.ConfigurationWillBeCopiedFromCloneRule.MapChannelIdOnTrigger(ProjectTrigger trigger, IDictionary2 channelIdMap) at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Rules.ConfigurationWillBeCopiedFromCloneRule.CloneProjectTriggers(String originalProjectId, String clonedProjectId, IDictionary2 channelIdMap)
at Octopus.Server.Web.Api.Rules.ConfigurationWillBeCopiedFromCloneRule.AfterStore(Project model, ProjectResource resource, ISpecialRuleContext context)
at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.Responder1.ExecuteRegisteredRules[TRule](Action2 ruleCallback)
at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.CreateResponseDescriptor2.Responder.ExecuteRegistered() at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.Api.Responder1.Respond(TDescriptor options, NancyContext context)
at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
at Octopus.Server.Web.Infrastructure.OctopusNancyModule.<>c__DisplayClass14_0.<get_Routes>b__1(Object x)
at Nancy.Routing.Route.<>c__DisplayClass4.b__3(Object parameters, CancellationToken context)

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this unexpected issue. I suspect you’re hitting a known bug which prevents projects that have scheduled triggers configured on them from being cloned. Does this match your scenario? You can reference the bug report at the following link.

The fix for this issue will be included in the next patch release which should be shipped very soon. The workaround in the meantime is to delete the scheduled trigger on the project you’re trying to clone.

I hope this helps! Let me know if this doesn’t match your scenario and I’ll be more than happy to dig into it more. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.