Client is unable to finish the security negotiation within the configured timeout

I have just switched over to using Mysql on a project. I can deploy to our dev environment fine using octopus, however when deploying to test I am getting “2012-05-18 14:31:35 ERROR System.TimeoutException: Client is unable to finish the security negotiation within the configured timeout (00:00:00). The current negotiation leg is 1 (00:00:00). —> System.TimeoutException: The request channel timed out attempting to send after 00:00:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. —> System.TimeoutException: The HTTP request to ‘http://ourtestserver/Packages/’ has exceeded the allotted timeout of 00:00:00. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.SetRequestTimeout(HttpWebRequest request, TimeSpan timeout)”

This worked fine until I moved to sql, not sure what I could have done to cause this, Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

Hi Joe,

Can you verify that:

1. The Octopus Tentacle Windows service is running (perhaps restart it if it is)
  2. Whether there are any errors in the event viewer on the Tentacle

I can’t think of any way MySQL would affect the Tentacle service, unless the process was accidentally shut down or restarted.

Paul

Thanks, We did a reboot of that server and it cleared up the issue.