Client is unable to finish the security negotiation within the configured timeout

I have some problem accessing the tentacles in the network I’m in. According to the networks guy (I am not adminstering the infrastructure), the port 10933 should be open on the servers. When I am on the tentacle servers and goes to server:10933, I get to the wcf information page, but I can’t access it from other servers in the network. When doing a health check in the web server I get the following exception:

System.TimeoutException: Client is unable to finish the security negotiation within the configured timeout (00:00:00).  The current negotiation leg is 1 (00:00:00).

Any suggestions?

Should I be able to go to http://tentacle:10933/ from other servers and see the WCF information, or is metadata not published for others than localhost?

After some more error checking it seems like it could be that the network guy hadn’t opened the firewall after all, but haven’t got an answer on that. I testet to create an IIS site on port 10933 and I couldn’t access that either so it seems like the port is blocked.

One way to check that it is really working is to use telnet from you server to tentacles, if you can’t get an answer when using telnet there is most likely i firewall blocking.

According to the infrastructure guy that is administering our network I had an issue with group policy in the firewall and there was nothing wrong with Octopus.