Cleaning of Octopus instalation

Hello,

We used to have Octopus deploy installed on Azure, but we switched to Octopus Cloud recently. We have some resources that are left on Azure, but I am not sure are these safe to delete (ie. will it affect our instance of octopus server in the cloud)?

Thanks,

Hi,
Thanks for reaching out! Upon successfully migrating your Octopus Server to our cloud environment you would typically not need to keep any of your resources around for your instance of Octopus Cloud to function normally.

One thing to note could be if you have Tentacles or Workers running in your environment, they would not be migrated to our cloud environment and you would need to keep them.

A tentacle, for example could be a web server where you have installed the Octopus Tentacle onto it, but during the migration instructed it to talk to your instance of Octopus in our cloud as opposed to your local Octopus Server.

For more information, please feel free to check out our documentation on external workers

I hope this has been helpful, please feel free to keep in touch if you have any other questions.

Kind regards,
Lawrence.

Thank you Mr. Wilson, you answered it all :slight_smile:

Hey, Thanks for keeping in touch! I’m glad to hear this has helped!

Regards
Lawrence.