Is there a known issue with child step run conditions causing failures to step template upgrades?
My team and I have been experiencing issues updating step templates since Run Conditions became available on child steps which as our run conditions get more complex is often quite painful. I recently upgrade our server to the latest build 2020.4.11 and haven’t seen the issue go away.
Steps to Replicate:
- Create simple step template
- Create project with a single parent step and multiple child steps based on step template
- Add Run Condition to each child step
- Do simple modification to step template code (ex. add write-host) and Save
- In step template usage, attempt to Update All which will result in failure
Our current work-around is as follows:
- Update step template and save
- Remove project process child step run conditions
- Go back to step template -> Usage and update all
- Re-add child step run conditions
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.