Check if previous completed steps have generated a warning

Hello. For every deployment workflow we have a final step that sends an e-mail with the deployment status. Is there a way to check if any of the previously completed steps have generated any warning? We want to include such warnings in this e-mail.

Hi @Boyan,

Thanks for getting in touch! Currently this is not available in Octopus. The available flags for steps currently include Pending, Skipped, Abandoned, canceled, Running, Succeeded and Failed.

We currently regard warnings as Succeeded as the deployment is generally not halted or stopped with a warning.

I do not believe there are currently any plans to implement a warning flag here, though if you would like to see this perhaps you could check out our UserVoice page. We user UserVoice to gauge community support for ideas and features. You are welcome to create a suggestion, comment, and vote on other suggestions.

Let me know if you have any questions here. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi @Daniel_Fischer,

Thanks for the reply. Is there any way to achieve this using the API?

Best,
Boyan

Hi Boyan,

Iā€™m sorry for the delayed response here. Unfortunately, as there is no Warning flag, this would be very difficult, if possible at all to do through the API.

Sorry for the bad news on this one, and sorry again for the late reply to your most recent question.

Best regards,
Daniel

I ended up using the property HasWarningsOrErrors on a Task, which I access using the REST API (through PowerShell).

1 Like