Channel version rules package selection

Hi,

In my channel version rules I have “^$”, meaning not any pre-release packages.

Meanwhile, this package -> 2.79.1.972-ZR-1682 is selected. To my understanding, with semantic versioning this denotes pre-release package (something after first hyphen). So - a bug?

If package version numbers ends not with number, eg. 2.79.1.972-AS this doesn’t happen.

Hey @arturs,

I used your version numbers and the same regex and got the desired results. Which version are you currently on? I tested this on 2020.3.3.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy

We want to upgrade, but first we need to provision SQL Server 2019.

Hey @arturs,

I spun up a VM on 2019.6.4 and followed the same logic above. I went to Design Rule and got the same results:

Are you seeing the weird behavior in this screen or another?

By which method are you creating releases?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi.

Indeed on design version rule this seems to work. But when I create release (manually by clicking on create release) proposed package is in version that doesn’t pass version rules (and other versions do exist). I attach screenshots.

1.GIF

Got it.

Sorry - it was my mistake.

I didn’t include all packages in “apply rule to” box. :frowning:

Btw. is there a feature (or maybe will be) that will let me choose that channel rules applies to all packages referenced by process, not just selected steps?

Hey @arturs,

No worries, it happens to the best of us!

I’m glad you got it going. The functionality is the same in latest version. I think they intend to keep it that way, but I can definitely pass along the feedback to our product team.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thanks,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.