Change in License Agreement

Hi guys, I have a question regarding your license agreement. We purchased Octopus when version 2.0 was out, so a while ago. So far we were able to upgrade to latest version and run it smoothly. Suddenly the support agreement expired and we just realized that now without renewing your support license we can’t upgrade to a newer version of Octopus.
As far as we remember when we purchased the license it was a lifetime license and not a support agreement license, so my question is did you change anything in your license agreement cause it seems that from version 2.6 going forward the only way to upgrade the product is to have an active license agreement with you.
The question come due to the fact that you also changed the pricing of Octopus, which we found unfair considering that now all our development cycle is totally bound into your product.
Maybe I am wrong but I would like to have a clarification if possible.

Thank you

It seems that we misunderstood the agreement between us and octopus, just by reading the license agreement here:
Is this a subscription or perpetual license?

Perpetual, with a yearly maintenance renewal. Your license key allows you to use any release of Octopus that was available when you purchased the key, as well as any future releases (bug fixes, enhancements, new features, etc.) for 12 months from the date of purchase. After that 12 months, you can continue to use the version you have forever, or you can choose to renew your license key for another 12 months to continue getting updates. By renewing annually, you help us to continue to innovate and add new features to the product.

The annual renewal fee is 50% of the purchase price. Follow this link to renew your license.

Hi Raffaele,

Thanks for reaching out. Octopus has maintained the same agreement mentioned on your last comment since the first version available for purchase (back at version 1.x).

In addition to that, let me remark that even though the prices changed since you got your licence, the renewal price for you will always be 50% of what you initially payed for your licence.

If you have any questions about your renewal process, please reach us out to sales@OctopusDeploy.com and we’ll help you out.

Thanks

Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro and thank you for your reply. Unfortunately e-mail address is blocked. Should I contact the sales department for renewal?
Thank you
Raf

Hi Raf,

An email from you came through a couple of hours ago and I just replied to it. Let me know through a comment here if you don’t get it in the following minutes.

Thanks

Dalmiro