Certificates Deployment --> Setting for specfic User

Hello,

I am deploying a certificate with Octopus Deployment.
Now I Have the following problem:
After the deploying the certificate I need to go to the certificate and go to “All Tasks” --> “Manage Private Keys…” --> “Add…” --> and now have to enter my specific Service Account User which runs with the Certificate. But my certificate need to be installed for the Local Machine …

Is there a Solution to deploy the User with the certificate? (Windows Server 2012)

Regards
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Can you send through a screenshot of how you’ve configured the step that is deploying your certificate?

There is a setting under the Private Key section that allows you to add access rules to the private key of your certificate (see below), did you add your service account user there?

I hope that helps.

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik

Ouh … Forgot about this Part … Thanks!
Question Nr. 2: Can you restrict this Private Key Access for specific Role in 1 Step?
For Example: Set a specific Access Rule-User just for the DWH-Server and not for the WEB-Server … Because I am dealing with different Users on each Server-Role …

Current Solution: Additional Step only for the DWH-Roles

Thanks
Alex

Hi Alex,

You can bind the identity on the access rule to a variable that you can then scope to a target role.

I hope that helps.

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.