Cann't assign a life cycle to project

I am trying to create a project using octo.exe in octopus 2.6.3 but I am getting this
Error from Octopus server (HTTP 400): There was a problem with your request.

• The project must be assigned to a lifecycle.

Hi ,

Thanks for getting in touch! Could you please try downloading the latest Octo.exe build and try again?

https://download.octopusdeploy.com/octopus-tools/2.6.1.52/OctopusTools.2.6.1.52.zip

On Octopus 2.6.3 we introduced the Lifecycles feature and its mandatory for every project to have one assigned. If you are using a 2.5 build of Octo.exe, it wont have the lifecycles support and you’ll get this error.

Let me know how it goes with the latest version.

Thanks!

Dalmiro

Hi,
I am using octopus 2.6.3 and downloaded the octopus tools 2.6.1.52 and installed it but it again shows,

Error from Octopus server (HTTP 400): There was a problem with your request.

• The project must be assigned to a lifecycle.

Hi,

This seems to be broken indeed :frowning: ! I’ve submitted a github issue for it. Here’s the link in case you want to follow it up

Sorry for the inconvenience. We’ll try to get it fixed soon.

Thanks!

Dalmiro.

where can I find that file,

Hi,

Sorry but i’m not following. What file are talking about?

As mentioned on my last reply, This is a bug of Octo.exe and we’ll fix it in an upcoming version.

Dalmiro

Hi,
I need to know the difference between OctoPack package and the Pingo.OctoPack package.
For web application, web services and web sites ,which package should I install into the project either OctoPack or Pingo octopack

Hi,

You should go with Octopack. That is the one supported by us.

Thanks

Dalmiro