Cannot Upgrade Tentacle

After a successful system upgrade from 2018.8.6 to 2018.9.12 I went to upgrade the tentacle which exits with this error.
Running Tentacle version 3.18.0
Beginning upgrade
Waiting for the upgrade to complete
The remote script failed with exit code -1

Octopus.Server.Orchestration.Targets.Tasks.ActivityFailedException
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.ServerTasks.Deploy.ActionDispatch.SuccessArbitrator.ThrowIfNotSuccessfull(ScriptResult result)
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.Targets.Tentacles.TentacleUpgradeMediator.WaitForExitCode(String installId)
at Octopus.Server.Orchestration.Targets.Tentacles.TentacleUpgradeMediator.BeginUpgradeAndWaitForExitCode(String installId, TargetManifest targetManifest, IEnumerable`1 preconditions)
1 additional lines not shown

Unable to check the machine’s health. The health status for this machine will not be updated.

Hi Martin,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this trouble upgrading your Tentacle. Unfortunately I’m unable to determine the exact cause of this issue. Would you be able to provide the full Tentacle log (located in C:\Octopus\Logs in standard installations)? I’m hoping that provides more details and context to help us troubleshoot this issue. :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hi Kenny,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I chose the path of least resistance in the end and manually upgraded the Tentacle from the 3.23 download file and all is well.

Please feel free to close / delete the request as I hoped to do before I wasted your time, just didn’t get there yet this morning.

Thanks and Apologies

Martin

Inactive hide details for "Kenneth Bates" ---29/11/2018 11:16:06 AM---Hi Martin, Thanks for getting in touch! I'm sorry to hear“Kenneth Bates” —29/11/2018 11:16:06 AM—Hi Martin, Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this trouble

Hi Martin,

That’s great to hear you’ve been able to upgrade the Tentacle successfully! Your question was no problem whatsoever, and please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.