Cannot save project after including a variable set

I cannot save my project after including a variable set. How can I get past this?

Thanks.

-Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for reaching out. We’re gonna need more Info to be able to help you out.

• which version of Octopus are you running?

• what error are you getting when you try to save the variables? Please send a screenshot of this.

• is this happening when you add any variable set, or is it happening with one in particular?

Best regards,
Dalmiro

• is it happening in all of your projects?

• is the project where this is happening the clone of another project by any chance?

Hi Dalmiro,

We are running version 3.3.12. It happens to multiple projects, on any variable set I try to add.

There are no error messages. Pls. find attached image.

Thanks.

Regards,
Tony

Hi Tony,

• So when you click on save, nothing happens apparently? Can you check on the developer tool’s console and send any Javascript error you can see as soon as you click on

• I’m assuming that as soon as you remove the variable set, you can save the variables just fine?

• Are there any projects where this isn’t happening?

Thanks,
Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,

I finally found the problem. It was a blank channel in the project settings that was preventing me from saving the project with the added variable set.

I discovered this in a roundabout way… I tried to rename the project, so I can create another project, with the old name, from scratch. But then an error message popped up saying the channel was not defined. After I set the channel, I tried adding a variable set again and this time it worked.

It would have been nice if there was a proper error message for the missing channel, after failing to add a variable set.

Thanks.

-Tony

Hi Tony,

Glad to hear you were able to solve this on your own.

We had an issue a couple of releases ago where some channels (specially from cloned projects) were blank, causing this problem. We fixed that and from 3.3.13 onwards that sholdn’t happen anymore (removing the need of an improved error message :slight_smile: )

Best regards,
Dalmiro