Cannot load Microsoft.SqlServer.Dac.dll

Hello!
I’ve set up a process to deploy DACPAC file. At first Calamari.exe complained about Microsoft.SqlServer.TransactSql.ScriptDom.dll being missing on the server so I added one from my local machine. That problem was resolved. Next, I received an error about Microsoftr.SqlServer.Dac.dll being missing so as previously, I copied this dll from my local machine and pasted it on my server. The problem about missing dlls disappeared but another one came:

System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
August 5th 2020 18:26:05
Info at System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module)
Info at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes()
Info at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddTypeCommand.LoadAssemblyFromPathOrName(List`1 generatedTypes)
Info at Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddTypeCommand.EndProcessing()
Infoat System.Management.Automation.CommandProcessorBase.Complete()
Error Calamari.exe : NotSpecified: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property
August 5th 2020 18:26:05 Error for more information.

I guess the problem is with Dac.dll file but I can’t understand the actual source of the problem. Maybe somebody encountered something similar?

Hi @etrochimiuk,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support. I’m sorry you are having this issue.

Could you provide a copy of your raw task log and your process JSON so that I can have a look? It may also be helpful to try turning on variable logging then run the task again to see if you get any more information.

If you need a more secure way to upload those files, you can PM me directly, email them directly to support@octopus.com, log into Octopus.com and upload them via the support tab for your org, or upload directly to our SmartFile account (let me know on this one and I’ll generate a link for you).

I look forward to hearing back from you and getting this resolved.

Regards,
Donny

Hi @donny.bell,

My problem is resolved now. I had to install missing dll files properly, change some privileges settings in my SSMS and create an empty database at first.

Not it’s working fine.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hi @etrochimiuk,

That is great to hear! I’m glad you were able to get it resolved.

If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to ask! :slight_smile:

Regards,
Donny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.