Cannot force package selection when editing release

I have a release for a project that (for now) needs a package which does not conform to the package rules of the channel it is being created in.

When creating the release, I (correctly) get a message that the package does not conform to the rules, with an option to force the selection. If I force, the release is correctly created as expected.

However if I edit the same release, leaving the invalid package selected, checking ‘Force Version Selection’ does not appear to be sent with the request, resulting in a

There was a problem with your request.
The requested package versions for the following steps violate the channel version rules: [package name]. Please specify a different package version, channel or provide the `ignoreChannelRules` parameter to override this check.

message, and I am unable to save the release.

We are currently running 3.16.2, but I feel like I’ve seen this before - I didn’t think anything of it because at the time the channel rules were actually incorrect.

Hi James,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’ve hit this annoying bug. Thanks for reporting it. I’ve been able to reproduce this in Octopus 3.16.2, and I’ve raised the following GitHub issue to continue looking into it and resolving it. You can track it here.

Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Kenny