Cannot find projects with special characters in the name when using the TeamCity plugin


After I upgraded Octopus and TeamCity to the latest versions (now Octopus is not the latest version anymore, but still 3.15.8), I got this issue (i.e. it has been working fine before that). I am not completely sure it is an Octopus issue, but anyway I will start the investigation from here. :slight_smile:

I am using the TeamCity plugin (the latest version available) to create a release and I get the error on the attached screenshot. It seems like there is an encoding issue when the Octopus CLI is called. Do you have any idea?


Thanks for reaching out! We fixed this in this github issue and the fix shipped with Octo.exe version 4.22.1. The problem is that we didn’t release a new version of the TeamCity plugin that includes this version of Octo.exe on it. Deep apologies for this, it’s totally our bad.

I’ll bring this to the team today and try to get a new version of the plugin out there by the end of the week. I’ll let you know on this thread once this happens.

Best regards,

Hi Dalmiro,

GReat to hear this! I noticed also the version difference between the built0in CLI and the one distributed as a stand-alone, but wasn’t sure. I am looking forward to getting the updated TeamCity plugin then :slight_smile:


Hi Boyan,
We have recently updated the TeamCity plugin to use the new Octo.exe.
Please update to the latest version and let us know if you run into any further problems.

Hi Rob,

I have tested today and it works perfectly. Thank you :slight_smile: