Can you use liquibase scripts with Octopus?

I can’t find any information on this at all, I’ve seen it listed as supported on the main page but not with any real info on how to do it

Hi Sean,

Thanks for getting in touch,

We don’t have any additional documentation regarding Liquibase at this stage, beyond the comparison made against Migration libraries step template as shown on the Database Migrations area of our website.

Instead I’d recommend having a look at DbUp a software created by Octopus developers for managing SQL Server Database migrations and executing scripts, you can find some additional information at the associated link. This is our recommended way of deploying SQL scripts, and it’s very easy to set up if you’re familiar with .NET development.

We even use this ourselves in Octopus to upgrade the DB on each upgrade. We have a video showing how to utilize it.

I hope this helps!

If you require any further assistance or clarification, please let me know :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Reece

The problem with that is, switching to a new technology to get octopus to work with our system.
We went with Octopus because we were under the impression that it worked with liquibase as stated on the website.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.