Can you change the display name that emails are sent from rather than just showing the email address?

We use the email template to send emails when our deployments are successful or starting and for Production we’d like to start sending those to more customers in our business. However, right now in the SMTP settings for Octo I can only find a place to set the “from” email address and not the display name that the email comes from. So in my inbox, it looks not very professional because it just has the email address instead of a name (like “Release Team” from releases@domain.com). Is there a way to update this? I cant find any record in the documentation of being able to set this and I cant find anyone else that’s asked this question. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi David,

Thanks for getting in touch! You can definitely change the “from” address to display the name in your emails. For the example you mentioned, instead of using just the email address, try using the format Release Team <releases@domain.com> in the From Address field in your SMTP settings. You can then test it out to see how it looks. Does that format look like what you’re after?

Let me know how you go and if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny