Can we set Deployment Logs default view to "none"

Can we set Deployment Logs default expand view to “none” rather than “interesting”

One of our deployment churns out logs in enormous amount since its being deployed to ~90 servers in parallel, which we cannot restrict at the moment. Since the log size is too large, it take quite some time for the deployment page to open neither do I see a way to handle the URL of the log page to make it open in “none” view.
Can you please suggest a way?

Hi @Naman.Kumar,

Thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, upon loading the deployment page the entire task log is loaded into the browser.

The filtering inside Octopus simple hides or shows parts of the data depending on what you’d like to see.

In the case of the “None” filter, this simply hides all the content on the browser but as mentioned previously the data has already been downloaded to the browser via API request, which you can see if you open Browser Tools and go to the Networking tab before opening a deployment page.

Apologies that I don’t have a better answer for you, currently there’s no way to restrict how much information Octopus pulls from the logs into the browser.
If it’s something that you feel others would benefit from, we have a User Voice page where you can raise it as a suggestion: Product Feedback: Hot (1425 ideas) – Help shape the future of Octopus Deploy.

Please let me know if you have any concerns or further questions and I’ll do my best to assist.

Kind Regards,
Adam

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.