Can we create a release with fewer packages although the process is defined for all the projects?

Hi,

Can we achieve the below scenario using octopus deploy?

1. We have a solution that contains 2 projects(with octopus enabled) one is web app and another one database project. After building the solution file it created two nuget packages and pushes to octopus server as two packages.
  2. In Octopus deploy, I have a single project that has two steps to deploy both web app and database.

But In some cases when we create a release, Is there any way of creating a releasing only with one project? The scenario is if we make a change in just web app mvc view just want to create a release only with web app to be deployed.

Thanks
JB

Hi JB,

Thanks for getting in touch! There are a couple of options available to you here. One of the options is to disable the database step before creating a release which you do not need that step in. This will only let you deploy the active steps for the entire Lifecycle of that release.
See our blog post: https://octopus.com/blog/deployment-process-uservoice-update#allow-steps-to-be-disabled-or-inactive

The other option is to decide which steps to deploy after creating a release. You can select the Advanced button under Deploy Release. This will let you toggle steps for each phase of your deployment.

Let me know if either of these help you, or if you have any further questions here. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

Thanks Daniel…either of the solutions that you mentioned would work for me. Again Thanks for the quick reply :slight_smile:

Hi JB,

No worries, I’m happy I could help.

Please feel free to get in touch at any time. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel