Can Teams set Application Roles?

I would like to be able to permission a team to be able to set the application roles on machines they have permissions to. I thought there was a way to do this, but I haven’t been able to sort it out in v2018.2.3. Is this possible?

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately there’s no great solution to controlling the permissions around adding roles to specific machines. This task falls under MachineEdit, which when a user has this, they have the ability to edit other details about the machine. I’ve played around with possible workarounds, and I think the closest we could get is to scope a user’s team to individual environments. If a machine exists only within that environment(s) that the user is scoped to, the user will only have access to edit that machine. Though if the machine exists in both environments they’re scoped to, and environments outside of it, they can’t edit it. Would that help at all?

Sorry it’s not better news! Let me know what you think or if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Kind regards,

Kenny

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.