Can Octopus Pull Packages from S3 Bucket

Hi,

Is there a way that Octopus Pull Packages from S3 Bucket?

Hi @sonuvojjala,

Thanks for getting in touch! Currently there is no direct out of the box method in Octopus for pulling packages from an S3 bucket. I had a chat to the developers and we have some thoughts on how this might be possible.

It would require setting up a Storage Gateway to use S3 bucket as a network share. Though this is not something we have any documentation on.

If you have any questions or thoughts on this, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel_Fischer,

Thanks for your reply.

i understand what you said. But i need to know is there any other way apart from step templates in octopus can we pull packages from s3 to octopus built in repo?
If there is way can we automate it in octopus ?

Hi @sonuvojjala,

Thanks for the update. Unfortunately, I don’t think we have a great solution for you here. The options we can see are using a step template as you mentioned, or using the script console. Either method will essentially be scripting this and using Octopus to execute the script.

If you would like to see this sort of behaviour implemented into Octopus in the future, I believe the best place to start would be our UserVoice suggestions page. We use UserVoice to gauge community support for new ideas and features. If a suggestion gathers enough support, we can start look into how it could be built into Octopus.

Let me know if you have any further question here.

Best regards,
Daniel