Can not find valid associations when updating Jira Cloud on deployment

I am trying to get Octopus Server (2020.3.2) to update Jira Cloud regarding the status of the deployment. I installed the Octopus Deploy plugin in Jira Cloud, and went through the setup of process, and got a thumbs-up message from the test script.

However, when I promote an application, I’m getting the following reported in the logs:

Sending Jira state update - in_progress

Sending deployment data to Jira for deployment Deployments-8923, to Production(unmapped) with state in_progress for issue keys ep-7072

Unable to publish data to Jira. Response code: BadRequest, Message: There was an issue posting deployment info to Jira: No valid associations found for deployment

followed by:

Sending Jira state update - successful

Sending deployment data to Jira for deployment Deployments-8923, to Production(unmapped) with state successful for issue keys ep-7072

Unable to publish data to Jira. Response code: BadRequest, Message: There was an issue posting deployment info to Jira: No valid associations found for deployment

How can I set up valid associations? My Octopus environments are named Development, Testing, and Production.

Hi David,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Have you mapped the Octopus environments to Jira environments via Infrastructure > Environments yet?
More details in step 6: https://octopus.com/docs/releases/issue-tracking/jira#connecting-jira-cloud-and-octopus

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

No, I didn’t #facepalm.

Maybe the documentation you referenced could include a screenshot of the section where the mapping is configured? Or an example of the error that I got, which would make it more obvious what the next step is?

Many thanks for your help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.