Can I Deploy Project Releases Side By Side

I am experimenting with how I might achieve side by side deployments and have Octopus Project Overview show me all the deployments.

I though using Channels was working out, having a Channel for 1.x and a Channel for 2.x say, I created a 1.x release and deployed it to Tenant A and Tenant B, then I created a 2.x Release and deployed it to Tenant A.

I was hoping the Overview would show be that Tenant A has a 1.x and a 2.x deployment and Tenant B has a 1.x deployment, but the knowledge that Tenant A ever had a 1.x seems to get lost and so as far as Octopus is concerned Tenant A is on 2.x and Tenant B on 1.x.

I tried swapping the project setting from hotfix to separate and that doesn’t seem to do anything.

If the project setting are for non-tentanted, it seems to work - showing what has been deploy to each Channel in overview, but if I change project setting to allow tenant and non-tenant, the overview screen changes to only show the latest release…if I filter Group By channels I get a similar view to the original showing both channels, but the first channel is now empty.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.