Calamari update after tentacle install

Hi,

We’re currently running Octopus 3.2.8 ( on server and tentacles). However when a new tentacle is first installed the ‘Update Calamari’ prompt is appearing in the Env screen (as per the screenshot). I’m unclear why this is happening as the server and tentacle versions are the same and I assume the latest Calamari is contained within the tentacle?

It’s causing a problem as I’m using the Octoposh ‘GetOctopusMachine’ cmdlet and this errors if any tentacle needs updating.

Thanks,

Chris

Error:
Error running GetOctopusMachine cmdlet. This occurs when calamari requires updating on any machines. Update calamari on all machines and rerun.

calamari.PNG

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out. The Tentacle Installer does not include Calamari. This one is pushed from the Octopus Server to the Tentacle when:

A) The first deployment to that Tentacle takes place
B) When you click on the green button on your screen (feature introduced in 3.1.6)

Could you share me the full script you are running with Octoposh? Get-OctopusMachine shouldn’t break like that because of an outdated Calamari. Please send the full script in text and a screenshot of you running the command and the error output.

Also please make sure you are running the latest version of Octoposh http://octoposh.net/

Regards,
Dalmiro

Hi,

I wasn’t running the latest version of Octoposh, so installed that now. All machines are updated with Calamari, so I’ll need to wait until we build a new VM to test the script.

In the script all I’m doing is running ‘Get-OctopusMachine –ResourceOnly’.

I like the Octoposh Powershell cmdlets, much easier to use that the REST API directly. Good work!

Chris

Hi Chris,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the Octoposh module! Do remember though that it is an OSS Project separated from Octopus, and that the best place to report issues for it is on its Gitter Channel.

Let me know if you keep getting that message once a new Calamari ship is released.

Best regards,
Dalmiro

Hi,

We’ve had some new VMs built over the weekend. The tentacle gets automatically installed. As expected Calamari needs updating. I’ve rerun the script and it works fine with the latest version of Octoposh installed.

Thanks,

Chris

Glad to hear that!