Build number doesn't advance

Something odd in Octopus today. I had a deploy fail due to a hardware problem. I fixed the problem and by then a newer build version was available. So I’ve got a fail, call it version 18, and now I’ve got version 19 built and ready to deploy. I can watch 19 deploy, and it gets to the end of the process and everything is green. When I go back to the dashboard, though, version 18 is still there and there’s no mention of 19 even though the process completed without any reported issues.

This is a new one on me and I’m not sure how to correct this problem. I tried running a brand new build in team city which feeds octopus. Like with version 19, version 20 says everything is fine but the dashboard won’t get off the failed 18.

Anybody know how to fix this?

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for getting in touch! That is certainly unexpected, and I’m sorry for the confusion here. I have not been able to reproduce this issue locally, however. A subsequent successful deployment shows up as expected on the overall dashboard and on the project’s overview page, and not the previous failed deployment. You should be able to fix this by deleting the failed deployment (as shown below) but that obviously doesn’t address the root cause of this.

Which version of Octopus are you running?
Is it possibly an unexpected browser caching issue?

I look forward to hearing back!

Best regards,

Kenny

After working on it more I realized it’s not octopus’ problem. That’s just where I was seeing the symptom.
It was team city. It was listing new builds as “older than” the build that happened when the server failed even though the version numbers were higher. I fixed it by changing the minor release number. We use 5.5.svn check in.build counter. I moved it from 5.5 to 5.6 and after that team city “realized” the number was bigger and we’re back to publishing normally.

As an added bonus I got to tell marketing there’s now version 5.6 available :slight_smile:

Hi Bruce,

Nice! Great to hear you got to the bottom of this one. I appreciate the update, and please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.