Bug in new Subscription feature

I have created one subscription to notify one team about builds that succeeded or failed with five-minute increments.

When I deploy, the email has two entries when it should only have one. I’ve done it twice and it’s always the same, with a (#2) that shouldn’t be there:

When Who What
10 Nov 2016 8:01PM system Deploy to WEBCMOTAQA01 (#2) succeeded for xxx release 1.2.22.9110 to WEBCMOTAQA01
10 Nov 2016 8:01PM system Deploy to WEBCMOTAQA01 succeeded for xxx release 1.2.22.9110 to WEBCMOTAQA01

Thanks,
Erik

Hi Erik,

Thanks for getting in touch.

The subscriptions feature is based on your Octopus events table. Any events that you see in your subscription email are events that are happening within your Octopus Server, so this may be highlighting an unexpected second deployment that’s been happening for some time.

If you take a look at your Audit screen (Configuration > Audit menu), you will see a list of your events. You can use the “Add Filters” button to filter by a given project. When you find the event for “Deploy to WEBCMOTAQA01 (#2) succeeded…”, you can click the link for the release (eg. “1.2.22.9110”) and this will take you directly to the release screen. From this release screen, you can see a list of the deployments and a history underneath, indicating who triggered the given deployment. Before the “deployment started” event, you should see who triggered the deployment to WEBCMOTAQA01. This may help you figure out where the multiple deployments are originating from.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Mark

Thanks, you’re right. I was getting multiple deploys because of a lifecycle setting.