Bug found in 'Upload a Package to an AWS S3 bucket' step

(Running 2015.5.3)

When I tried to use this step to upload a full package directly, everything works as expected.
When I tried to use this step to upload a file within a package, all variable definition boxes under this setting failed to list the project variables.

I added the project variables explicitly instead of selecting from the dropdown, but the deployment failed anyway.

Example of problem: (note the variable dropdown does not display the project variables)

Example of what I expected to see: (note variable dropdown lists the project variables)

When I attempted to deploy, this was the error I received. I was trying to apply tags and my assumption is that these fields that had to have the values explicitly typed out did not get replaced with the true variable values and the tag then was trying to set a null value.

14:13:52 Error | Calamari.Aws.Deployment.AmazonFileUploadException: Failed to upload file C:\Octopus\Work\20180528041345-53478-209\staging\customer-create.zip. The TagValue you have provided is invalid —> Amazon.S3.AmazonS3Exception: The TagValue you have provided is invalid —> Amazon.Runtime.Internal.HttpErrorResponseException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request. —> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.

Hi Rohin,

Thanks for reaching out and apologies for the delay in replying. The team have confirmed the issue with the UI and the variables not appearing, and actually released a fix for that in 2018.5.6 today. They haven’t been able to reproduce the deployment error yet though.

Would you be able to update to that patch and see if that resolves the deployment issue? One thing the team did also mention was that there are some characters that aren’t safe for AWS tags, there’s a link in our docs to some information on that.

Please let me know how that goes and if the error persists please let us know. If that does eventuate, would you also be able to provide any more detail that you can about the tag values etc you are using?

Regards
Shannon

Thanks Shannon. We’ll be upgrading Monday week. I’ll let you know.