I’m finding recently that I’m seeing errors when on pages for non version-controlled resources, such as channels, when the the git ref is unknown. For example, this could happen after I have merged a feature branch in to develop and deleted the feature branch, meaning the previously selected git ref no longer exists.
To resolve the issue, I must traverse to a page that is version-controlled, select an existing branch, and then return to the non version-controlled page, which is doable but obviously inconvenient.
For a resolution, if a previously selected git ref becomes unavailable, I’d love to see Octopus select the default branch automatically.
Here is the error I am seeing for reference.
An unexpected error occurred in Octopus v2023.2.2028: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘Links’)
- TypeError: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘Links’)
- t.DeploymentProcessRepository.get (https://my.octopus.app/main.48b5e121ab33415de988.hashedasset.js:5:116454)
- W.getDeploymentActionsWithErrorHandlingForGitProjects (https://my.octopus.app/app-main.2a8b38a425603b620af4.hashedasset.js:1:1791080)
- t.timeOperation (https://my.octopus.app/app-main.2a8b38a425603b620af4.hashedasset.js:2:2182340)
- W.doBusyTaskInternal (https://my.octopus.app/app-main.2a8b38a425603b620af4.hashedasset.js:2:603313)
- [as doBusyTaskInternal] (https://my.octopus.app/app-main.2a8b38a425603b620af4.hashedasset.js:2:200390)
- W.doBusyTask (https://my.octopus.app/app-main.2a8b38a425603b620af4.hashedasset.js:2:602876)
- W.componentDidMount (https://my.octopus.app/app-main.2a8b38a425603b620af4.hashedasset.js:1:1784322)
- [as componentDidMount] (https://my.octopus.app/app-main.2a8b38a425603b620af4.hashedasset.js:2:200390)
- ss (https://my.octopus.app/main.48b5e121ab33415de988.hashedasset.js:2:2604277)