Bug: Error displayed for non VC'd resources when git ref is unknown

Good morning,

I’m finding recently that I’m seeing errors when on pages for non version-controlled resources, such as channels, when the the git ref is unknown. For example, this could happen after I have merged a feature branch in to develop and deleted the feature branch, meaning the previously selected git ref no longer exists.

To resolve the issue, I must traverse to a page that is version-controlled, select an existing branch, and then return to the non version-controlled page, which is doable but obviously inconvenient.

For a resolution, if a previously selected git ref becomes unavailable, I’d love to see Octopus select the default branch automatically.

Here is the error I am seeing for reference.

An unexpected error occurred in Octopus v2023.2.2028: Cannot read properties of null (reading ‘Links’)

Thanks,
David

Hi @dgard1981,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support and bringing this to our attention.

I’m currently working on reproducing this issue.

I’ll let you know once this is done. I’ll likely create a GitHub issue as well assuming I get the same results.

I appreciate your patience while I look into this.

Best Regards,
Donny

Hi @dgard1981,

Thank you for your patience.

I was able to reproduce the issue and have created a GitHub issue here.

If you have any additional questions or if we can assist with anything else, please let us know.

Best Regards,
Donny

Thanks for the update Donny, hopefully that’ll be an easy one to fix going forward.

Thanks,
David

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.