Browse RavenDB using DB studio from outside local machine?

I have had a quick read up on RavenDB and as far as I can see there isn’t a way to allow using the DB studio against an embedded DB without specifying so in code?

I’d like to have access from the developer machines rather than having to remote desktop on to the server if I want to make a change.

Can anyone help?

EDIT: Just realised this is a bit light on information. Basically, I can reach the RavenDB studio page from outside the server, but I can’t access anything as the RavenDB studio gives me a ‘forbidden’ message (that is, a proper RavenDB studio error message, not a server or .NET error or a 500 or anything).

Exception is:

Server sent:
at Raven.Studio.Infrastructure.InvocationExtensions.Catch(Task parent, Func`2 func)
at Raven.Studio.Infrastructure.InvocationExtensions.Catch(Task parent, Action`1 action)
at Raven.Studio.Infrastructure.InvocationExtensions.Catch(Task parent)
at Raven.Studio.Models.ServerModel.TimerTickedAsync()
at Raven.Studio.Models.ServerModel.Initialize()
at Raven.Studio.Models.ServerModel..ctor(String url)
at Raven.Studio.Models.ServerModel..ctor()
at Raven.Studio.Models.ApplicationModel..ctor()
at Raven.Studio.Models.ApplicationModel..cctor()
at Raven.Studio.Models.DatabaseSelectionModel..ctor()
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean&  canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at MS.Internal.XamlManagedRuntimeRPInvokes.CreateInstance(XamlTypeToken inXamlType, XamlQualifiedObject& newObject)
at MS.Internal.XcpImports.Application_LoadComponentNative(IntPtr pContext, IntPtr pComponent, UInt32 cUriStringLength, String  uriString, UInt32 cXamlStrLength, Byte* pXamlStr, UInt32 cAssemblyStrLength, String assemblyStr)
at MS.Internal.XcpImports.Application_LoadComponent(IManagedPeerBase componentAsDO, String resourceLocator,  UnmanagedMemoryStream stream, UInt32 numBytesToRead, String assemblyString)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
at Raven.Studio.Features.Databases.DatabaseSelectionView.InitializeComponent()
at Raven.Studio.Features.Databases.DatabaseSelectionView..ctor()
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean&  canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at MS.Internal.XamlManagedRuntimeRPInvokes.CreateInstance(XamlTypeToken inXamlType, XamlQualifiedObject& newObject)
at MS.Internal.XcpImports.Application_LoadComponentNative(IntPtr pContext, IntPtr pComponent, UInt32 cUriStringLength, String  uriString, UInt32 cXamlStrLength, Byte* pXamlStr, UInt32 cAssemblyStrLength, String assemblyStr)
at MS.Internal.XcpImports.Application_LoadComponent(IManagedPeerBase componentAsDO, String resourceLocator,  UnmanagedMemoryStream stream, UInt32 numBytesToRead, String assemblyString)
at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
at Raven.Studio.MainPage.InitializeComponent()
at Raven.Studio.App.Application_Startup(Object sender, StartupEventArgs e)
at MS.Internal.CoreInvokeHandler.InvokeEventHandler(UInt32 typeIndex, Delegate handlerDelegate, Object sender, Object args)
at MS.Internal.JoltHelper.FireEvent(IntPtr unmanagedObj, IntPtr unmanagedObjArgs, Int32 argsTypeIndex, Int32  actualArgsTypeIndex, String eventName, UInt32 flags)
Client side exception:
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: NotFound.
   at System.Net.Browser.ClientHttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   at System.Func`2.Invoke(T arg)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskFactory`1.FromAsyncCoreLogic(IAsyncResult iar, Func`2 endFunction, Action`1 endAction, Task`1  promise)

Hi,

Octopus already tells RavenDB to listen on port 10930 - we do this because the Octopus website actually connects back to the RavenDB server over HTTP to make queries. In the Octopus Web Portal, go to the Configuration->Storage tab to find the link to your RavenDB instance.

To access it from the development machines you’ll just need to ensure that port 10930 is open on the firewall and that you can log in using an account that is a local admin on the RavenDB server computer.

Paul

It’s not a firewall problem. I get the web interface up and everything, but the interface reports the above exception once it’s loaded.

However, having just had a re-think, I remembered that I connect to the remote desktop under a different user which has Local Administrator privs on the host machine.

If I access the interface from a development machine using that user (i.e. run IE with ‘Run as a different user’) then I can access the interface OK.

thanks for your help!