Bin folder issue during package deployment

Hi,
Post deployment of the Nuget package the application is not working as expected. I could see that all the files are successfully deployed to the physical path in the server. When I copy the bin folder files from local TFS work space to the server physical path manually i.e. in bin folder, the application is working fine. Can you please let me know what could be the cause that the Package deployment is not working. let me know if you have any question or doubt.

Thanks
Imrn

Hi Imrankhanp,

Thanks for getting in touch!

What kind of application are you trying to deploy? Is it a webapp, a service…? When you deploy the files manually (which seems to work) do you restart a service or IIS afterwards, or you just copy-paste and your application works?

In addition to the answers to those questions, if you could send us the raw output from one of your deployments, that would be great

Thanks!

Dalmiro

Hi Dal,
Thanks for your reply.

To answer your questions

1. we are trying to deploy web client.
  2. Before doing any activity we are stopping the IIS and after copying the files which marks the end of deployment, we are starting the IIS.
  3. There is nothing much I could see in the raw output that indicates about the bin files. it says the files are successfully downloaded and copied to the physical path.

Thanks
Imrn

Hi Imran,

Thanks for the info.

Sounds like there’s a step missing on your Octopus deployment. Might be an obvious question, but are you doing the IIS stop-start on your Octopus deployment, just like you do when you manually deploy?

A good way to troubleshoot this would be compare the IIS site Basic Settings & Bindings Pre-Octopus deploy (while the site is working) and Post-Octopus (when it stops working).

Also, If you could send us the raw output we could check if Octopus is misconfigurating your IIS site during the deployment.

Thanks!

Dalmiro