Beware: variables bug after deleting steps

(leblancmeneses) #1

I’ve been deploying about 10 steps in 1 project. Today I consolidated some end point services and deleted 4 steps. When i went back to update variables I found all the variables were mixed up with different steps. Seems the deleting of steps caused this bug to appear.

0 Likes

(Paul Stovell) #2

Thanks for the bug report, we’ll fix it in the next release:

https://trello.com/card/variables-get-mixed-up-after-deleting-steps/4e907de70880ba000079b75c/261

Paul

0 Likes

(Paul Stovell) #3

Hi Leblanc,

I just tried this in the latest release and I can’t reproduce the error. When a step is deleted, we simply delete all variables that reference that step ID. We don’t change any variables, so I don’t know why your variables would be “mixed up”.

Paul

0 Likes

(leblancmeneses) #4

I am the only one that deploys from the Robust Haven license we purchased on 10/5/2012. This project has been deploying since then. I upgrade as soon as newest version is released.

I lost at least an hour realigning variables with correct packages after deleting a few steps each with a few variables.

I was using the stable version before: Version 1.3.5.1564 during this time period. Currently I am up-to-date with Version 1.3.5.1564 .

I was able to realign variables with correct packages - but it was an inconvenience and wanted to report.

0 Likes

(system) closed #5
0 Likes