As we have an huge project with more than 30 component to releases (websites, web services, windows services), we need to, when creating development releases, have quicker releases on some components.
website can be released 20 times per day, webservice only 2 per day because has lesser impacts.
My idea is to use Channels for this and then have different channels.
- Development (All) with LifeCycle -> Test
- Production (All) with LifeCycle -> Test, Prep, Prod
- Development (Website) With LifeCycle -> Test buy with only the WebSite step of the process
- Development (WebServices) With LifeCycle -> Test buy with only the WebServices step of the process
- Development (WindowsServices) With LifeCycle -> Test buy with only the WindowsServices step of the process
Is this the correct way to do this?
Or maybe Is there a way to create a release with only some precise roles?