Azure Web App SSL Certificates

HI

Me again, hopefully the last one :slight_smile:

I need to upload SSL certificate to my Web App after deployment, Its the last part of my deployment process and as I need to run a Standalone script (AzureRM reasons) , I pass in via a variable the relative path to the certificate which is part of my package but the process step does not seem to have access to the file .

I found a path to the previous version but would need it to be the current version, can you offer any pointers ?

R

Jonathan

script.txt (1 KB)

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks got getting in touch. I’m not entirely sure what is going on here, so I need some clarification so I can try to replicate this.

Just to make sure I am understanding this right, your script in step 7 is trying to access a PFX file that is included in the nuget package that you are sourcing the script file from (ie using the “Script file inside a package” script source option in the step)?

If you are trying to access a script from a package specified in a previous step, please be aware that the temporarily extracted files are cleaned up after each step.

Also for what did you find the previous version’s path? The package or the PFX?

Robert W

Hi Robert

I am trying to access to the office file from the package that is currently being installed, the azure method requires a full path to the file.

I don’t run the script from source control that is “inline” and save to my OD server

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Jonathan,

Thank you for the reply. Do you mean that the “inline” script run in step 7 is trying to reference a file that is contained within the package used in step 3? If that is the case, this won’t work as the files extracted from the package in step 3 are deleted before step 3 ends. It works for local websites as the destination of the packaged files is local (i.e. the IIS website root), which is not the case for Azure deployments.

Two alternatives spring to mind however. One option is to include the powershell script you need as PostDeploy.ps1 which will automatically run after the package has been deployed.

The other is to include the script in the package with a name of your choosing, and then use the source script from package option in a script step, specifying the package again.

If my assumption above is wrong, could you please detail the configuration of the steps involved, and what the values of the relevant variables are so that I can investigate further.

Hope this helps,

Robert W

HI Robert

Ok this makes sense, in this case and because of my use case I will put the script into my package and run from there.

Thank you for your help

R

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

No problem, let me know if you run into any further problems.

Robert W