Azure Linux Web App - Deploy an Azure Web App Process Step - Operation Timed Out

Hello!

Trying to deploy an application to a Linux Web App Service in Azure (following this: https://octopus.com/docs/deployment-examples/azure-deployments/deploying-a-package-to-an-azure-web-app#deploying-to-a-linux-azure-web-app) – and when the “Deploy an Azure Web App” step runs –

It errors out with the following:

Could not complete the request to remote agent URL <my app url>

Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentAgentUnavailableException 
Inner Exception "The operation has timed out" 

Is there more configuration I need to add to my target to get this to work?

Hi Alex,

Just letting you know here I’ve responded to your email and we can continue the discussion there. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Updating this for anyone who may run into this issue in the future. Technically we could not figure out the root cause BUT deleting the web app service, app service plan, and recreating it and then doing the deploy seems to have fixed the problem.

As others have stated, you’ll want to make sure you have the Web App > Configuration > Application Settings > Add WEBSITE_WEBDEPLOY_USE_SCM set to false

We also set the File Comparison Method to Checksum on the DEPLOY AN AZURE WEB APP Process Step in the Project.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.