Azure DevOps Octopus Deploy Integration - Deploy Octopus Release task

Hi,
How can you increase the timeout interval for the Deploy Octopus Release task? I’m presently receiving a timeout error after 10 mins.

Hi @gary.ottewell,

Thanks for reaching out to Octopus Support, and I’m sorry that you’re running into this timeout in your ADO task.

Luckily, we have additional arguments that can be passed in the task, bypassing the default 10-minute timeout. The Octopus CLI backs our ADO tasks so you can use any CLI commands available for a particular function. In this case, you can use the --deploymentTimeout command to specify a new timeout value.

In my test instance, I had a deployment that took 12 minutes to run and would time out on the ADO side. Once I added the additional argument to my task allowed the deployment to finish without errors in ADO.

You can find a full list of the CLI commands available for the Deploy a release task here. Please let me know if this helps or if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Dan

Thanks Dan, that worked a treat.
Gary

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.