Azure DevOps extension automatic space search

Hi,

I have created a service connection for Octopus on our Azure DevOps project - using the projects API key & ignoreSslErrors is checked.
In the release pipeline we use the Push Package(s) to Octopus job.
Should the Space automatically resolve to what is on our Octopus Server (see image below)?

Hi @jp.roussel,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You are correct, it should query the Octopus Server and provide a list of available Spaces. You can try using the refresh button to the right to see if that helps the list generate, otherwise there may be an issue with the connectivity between Azure DevOps and your Octopus Server.

e.g.

Just to check too, are you using a version of Octopus Server that includes the Spaces feature (v2019.1+)?

Best regards,
Paul

I assumed as much. Will have to investigate and get back to you.

Yes we are, v2019.12. I can view the space name on Octopus and used it in Team City - we have to sadly migrate away from Team City now.

You could try manually adding the Space name and running the build, it may provide a clearer error to help track down the issue.

I was using the incorrect Agent Pool. We have an on-prem agent setup

1 Like

Hello we have the same issue here on a on-prem octo server. The spaces input canā€™t retrieve spaces from octopus api, message in the console is:
{ā€œresultā€:[],ā€œstatusCodeā€:ā€œunusedā€,ā€œerrorMessageā€:ā€œFailed to query service connection API: ā€˜https://******/api/spaces/allā€™. Error Message: ā€˜A task was canceled.ā€™ā€}

Hi @Pascal.Golay,

If you navigate to that URL (https://******/api/spaces/all) in a browser does it lost successfully?

Itā€™s working pefectly and lists all availables spacesā€¦

As far as i can see, if I typed my space name by hand itā€™s working,ā€¦ but It might be interesting to investigate why the dropdown canā€™t retrieve spaces list.

Maybe a security concern ?

1 Like

The Spaces drop down is mainly there as a helper, if you know the correct space to use and the build completes successfully after manually entering it then there isnā€™t really anything to worry about.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.