Azure deploy step Account selection

I am using 3.1 and have an Azure deploy step. One of the items in the step is the necessary Account. This is the Octopus account tied to the Azure subscription. If I choose this account via the drop down (i.e. hard code in the step) my deploy works fine. If I however use an expression / variable that has as its value the name of the account the deploy fails with the error:

“Couldn’t find an account with the Id Azure Account (Dev/QA). Perhaps the account has been deleted? Either select another account, or create a new account and select it.
Once you have corrected these problems you can try again.
If the problem is related to a variable you will need to update the variables for this release or recreate the release for the changes to take effect.
If the problem is related to the deployment process you will need to create a new release for the changes to take effect.”

Can you please advise how I can choose the Account via a variable in a Azure deployment step?

Update: When looking at the Account itself in Octopus, I looked at the URL and noticed its format is: https://octopus.company.local/app#/accounts/Accounts-1. So I set the bound variable value to Accounts-1 and the deploy succeeded. Needs better documentation or display of the Account ID on the page unless I am doing something wrong.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out. Using the ID like you did is the right way to go. I’ve added myself a task to get this documented properly.

Best regards,

Dalmiro