Azure ARM Templates and Tags

I’m using ARM templates for deploying in Azure.

I would like to add Tags to my resources in Azure.

Arm Templates support this.

as far as I have read on your site it is not possible to add these Tags with the step template ‘DEPLOY AN AZURE RESOURCE MANAGER TEMPLATE’.

Will you support this functionality in future? And if so when is this planned?

Hi ebosman,

Thank you for contacting us with your query about tagging using ARM templates.

I’ve reached out to our product team with your suggestion and I’ll let you know if they think this is something that we can consider adding. In the meantime one possible method to achieve this could be to enable the custom scripts option on the step and then use Powershell to tag the resources.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charles

I am aware of the possibility of using custom scripts.

But it is not an elegant solution. Because I have to write also code to create a connection, which implies the use of usernames and password in these scripts.

Best regards,
Eric

Hi ebosman,

Thank you for your response.

I’ve raised this with our product team to discuss as a potential improvement.

I appreciate that scripts might not be ideal but they could be a good interim solution. You might be able to avoid storing the username and password in the script if that would help. You can do this by using an “Azure account variable”.

I hope this is helpful. Please get back to us if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charles

Hello Charles,

Thanx for the last suggestion. I did not realise to use the account variable in the custom script. I will give it a try.

Yours sincerely,

Eric

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.