Just a bit of feedback for others who may experience a problem we’ve encountered and originally documented here:
With a fix applied here:
- On-prem Octopus Server instance (Default Proxy configured)
- On-prem Octopus Tentacle instance (Custom Proxy configured)
- Deploying to Azure App Service targets
- Target health check failing with “Proxy Authorization Required” response (407) introduced in 2021.1.7379 (Build 7379)
- We could still however deploy to Azure
We recently upgrade to
2021.3 (Build 12132)
2021.1 (Build 7379)
Prior to that
We were hoping that 2021.3 (Build 12132), would fix the problem. The fix for issue 6958 indicates the problem was resolved in (2021.1.7722, 2021.2.7382, 2021.3.2035). However it did not resolve the issue for us - the issue was still present.
Another subsequent ticket:
Also had issue with Health Check and use of Customer Proxy but this time from Octopus Server, rather than the tentacle.
Here the cause was found to be the Health Check not respecting the Port configured in the Custom Proxy configuration…
The reason for this post is to say that under 2021.3 (Build 12132) changing the Tentacle to use the Default Proxy option rather than Custom Proxy option, for us, resolved the issue with Azure App Service Health checks failing because of “Proxy Authorization Required” response (407)