Azure AAD access with Client application credentials

“Client application credentials are not yet supported” is mentioned on the page

It’s been 2 years since then. Is it an Azure issue or is it just not a priority for you at this time.
We could really use this type of authentication.

Hi @Tudor_Pastor,

Thanks for getting in touch! I had a chat with the team and it looks like our priorities have shifted somewhat in this time. When we built this feature, the current authentication method was the only method available to us. We had plans to integrate client applications credentials when it was available but have since moved our focus onto other features.

I don’t believe this is currently on our list. If there is a large amount of community support for this feature we may be able to revisit it. I think the best option may be to see if there is any support on UserVoice for this feature.

We use UserVoice to gauge community support for new features and ideas. You are able to create suggestions, vote and comment on others with UserVoice. If a suggestion gathers enough support, we can look into its implementation into Octopus.

Sorry that I wasn’t able to provide a more helpful response on this one.

If you have any further thoughts or questions on this, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
Daniel