AWS RDS (Multi-AZ)

Hi just found out the hard way that Octopus does not support AWS RDS in Multi-AZ (high availability) mode
Is there any way around this? Or plans on supporting HA in this configuration

Enabling read committed snapshot isolation on octopus
SQLException has occured in statement #0 of this TSQL script: ‘Script0000 - Database options.sql’; Line: 1; Procedure: ; Error Number: 1468; Excerpt: ‘-- This script cannot run inside a transaction https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms191544(v=sql.105).aspx’; Message: The operation cannot be performed on database “octopus” because it is involved in a database mirroring session or an availability group. Some operations are not allowed on a database that is participating in a database mirroring session or in an availability group.
ALTER DATABASE statement failed.

Hi @jason_finlayson

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear that you found out the hard way!

Unfortunately - as you you’ve discovered, Octopus Server does not support running against a SQL database with Database Mirroring or SQL Replication enabled.

However, I’ve been looking over our HA documentation and there is a section on using AWS here that might help with alternative solutions to using Multi-AZ.

Please have a look at the above and let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Thanks
I have taken a read through. Is Octopus considering accomodating replication and mirroring in the future?

Jason

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.