Automatic release creation not working

I’m setting up a new instance of Octopus Deploy and it is not automatically releasing when I push into the built-in nuget repo.

It did the first time I tried it with this option switched on but hasn’t worked since. (The first one was set to guided failure, it failed because of an existing site set up using the port I tried to use. I cancelled this release and deleted it.)

Also possibly of note is that the release versioning option is set to Generate version numbers using a variable template and will not persist when I change it to Use the version number from an included NuGet Package and save.

I also found this in the diagnostic logs.
Unable to automatically create a release for project ‘DA corporate website’ when package da.com.au version 1.0.0.9 was pushed: Failed to determine the version using the version template from the version strategy for project DA corporate website

Got it working.

My issue with this:
release versioning option is set to Generate version numbers using a variable template and will not persist when I change it to Use the version number from an included NuGet Package and save.

was due to not selecting a Versioning package step when changing to this option. My mistake however it probably should tell me that I need to select this rather than just going back to the Overview screen and not persisting the change.

Cheers.