Automated Release Deployment based on Time criteria

Hi,
I want to promote the latest releases from one environment to other based on time. Like assume I have Environement1 and Environement2. In a day, there will be 10 deployments would have went to Environement1. But at the end of the day I want to promote the latest release from Environement1 to Environement2 automatically ( i.e it should happen daily). Is there any way to configure this automatic promotion in Octopus deploy.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Regards,
Karthikeyan

Hi Karthikeyan,

Thanks for getting in touch! Whilst there is a way to schedule a single release to be promoted and deployed the desired time, there is no inbuilt way to schedule this to be recurring/automatic. We do however, have a UserVoice that covers this. And it already has quite a few votes. :slight_smile:

Something you could try is setting up a task using the octo.exe deploy-release command and including the --latest flag. You could then schedule that task for when you needed.

Though it sounds like it wont be too much help here, if you would like some more information on how you can use our inbuilt scheduling feature, you can visit the following documentation page:

If you have any questions about this, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Thank you Daniel, Let me try that!!