Auto Release Creation Stop Working After Updating Step Name

Hello,

We’ve seen this problem a couple times.

We have a quiet few projects that have auto release creation trigger configured. They work fine most of the times. However, if a user changes the name of the “package step”, the auto release creation stops working, and we see this message in server log:
"No release created for project ‘projectName’ when package packageName version 1.2.3 was pushed. No matching step could be found in the latest release. "

Is there a time latency between updating step name and Octopus picking up the change? or we need to remove/re-add trigger every time we update the step name. (Even though the “package step” already shows the new name)?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Ge

Hi Ge,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m terribly sorry you’re hitting this unexpected and annoying issue. I’ve been able to reproduce this behavior as you’ve described and raised the following issue that you can track here.

Unfortunately removing/re-adding the automatic release creation trigger for the changed step name doesn’t seem to work in my instance, and I had to revert the step name back to the original value to get ARC working again.

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue thoroughly, and I’m sorry again about the annoyance caused by this. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.