Auto Deploy

I have a life cycle that has 4 phases.
I would like to configure the lifecycle so when phase 3 gets deployed, phase 4 automatically deploys when phase 3 is successful.

Phase 4 - I have configured the environment by selecting “deploy automatically to this environment as soon as the release enters this phase” and the required process is “All must complete”.

What I have noticed is that when phase 1 is deployed, phase 4 is deployed as well. Phase 2, 3 has not been deployed.

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’ll need to get some additional information from you to get a better idea of what could be going wrong here.

Would you be able to let me know what version of Octopus Deploy you are currently running?

Would you also be able to attach a screenshot of the entire process page for the project which is experiencing this issue? (It is important for the Lifecycle bar on the right to be included)

This information should give me some more ideas of what could be going on here. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing form you and getting to the bottom of this.

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel

We are using v2018.10.1 LTS

I have attached a screen shot on the Lifecycle configuration. Phase 1 to 3 are the same configuration, only points to a different environment.

Hi,

Thanks for getting back with the version and screenshot. However, the screenshot which will help me identify the issue here is a shot from the Process page for the project experiencing this issue.

Here is an example of the screenshot which will help me troubleshoot this issue:

Would you also be able to let me know if the project has any Channels?

From the screenshot you have provided me, it should work as expected. The main reason I can think that it would not is if the incorrect Lifecycle is being used for the project when the release is created.

The screenshot from the Process page will help with this. :slight_smile:

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.